Rockies vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The Colorado Rockies (56-97) take a five-game losing streak into a home contest versus the Chicago Cubs (80-74), at 2:20 PM ET on Saturday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Marcus Stroman (10-8) to the mound, while Chris Flexen (1-8) will answer the bell for the Rockies.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Rockies vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Stroman - CHC (10-8, 3.76 ERA) vs Flexen - COL (1-8, 7.19 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Rockies Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Rockies Odds|
|Cubs vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Rockies|
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Chris Flexen
- Flexen makes the start for the Rockies, his 15th of the season. He is 1-8 with a 7.19 ERA and 70 strikeouts over 91 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the San Francisco Giants, when the righty tossed 5 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 29-year-old has an ERA of 7.19, with 6.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .323 against him.
- Flexen has one quality start this season.
- Flexen is trying for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 3.4 innings per start.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in five of his 27 appearances this season.
Chris Flexen vs. Cubs
- The opposing Cubs offense has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.421) and ranks 14th in home runs hit (187) in all of MLB. They have a collective .255 batting average, and are 12th in the league with 1333 total hits and seventh in MLB play scoring 782 runs.
- Flexen has thrown 7 2/3 innings, giving up 11 earned runs on 19 hits while striking out six against the Cubs this season.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman (10-8) will take to the mound for the Cubs and make his 24th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, throwing one inning of relief while giving up no earned runs and allowing one hit.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in 25 games this season with a 3.76 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .225.
- He has 15 quality starts in 23 chances this season.
- In 23 starts this season, Stroman has lasted five or more innings 18 times, with an average of 5.2 innings per appearance.
- He has kept opponents from scoring an earned run in two straight appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.