Padres vs. Yankees Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 26
Published: May. 26, 2023 at 1:42 PM MDT|Updated: May. 26, 2023 at 4:47 PM MDT
Friday's contest that pits the New York Yankees (30-22) versus the San Diego Padres (23-27) at Yankee Stadium has a projected final score of 5-3 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Yankees, who is a small favorite in this matchup. First pitch is at 7:05 PM on May 26.
The probable pitchers are Joe Musgrove (1-2) for the Padres and Randy Vasquez for the Yankees.
Padres vs. Yankees Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, May 26, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Yankee Stadium in The Bronx, New York
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Padres vs. Yankees Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Yankees 5, Padres 3.
Total Prediction for Padres vs. Yankees
- Total Prediction: Under 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Padres Performance Insights
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, the Padres have a record of 4-5.
- In its last 10 games with a total, San Diego and its opponents are 3-7-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- In their last game with a spread, the Padres failed to cover.
- The Padres have won 15, or 48.4%, of the 31 games they've played as favorites this season.
- This season San Diego has won 15 of its 31 games, or 48.4%, when favored by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- The Padres have a 53.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Diego ranks 25th in the majors with 200 total runs scored this season.
- The Padres have a 3.98 team ERA that ranks 10th among all league pitching staffs.
Yankees Performance Insights
- The Yankees have played as the underdog three times over their past 10 games and are undefeated in those matchups.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, New York and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total five times.
- The Yankees have not covered the runline in any of their last 10 matchups (two of those games had a spread).
- The Yankees have been chosen as underdogs in 14 games this year and have walked away with the win six times (42.9%) in those games.
- This year, New York has won six of 14 games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Yankees have an implied victory probability of 51.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- The offense for New York is the No. 11 offense in the majors, scoring 4.6 runs per game (239 total runs).
- The Yankees have the sixth-best ERA (3.72) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 20||Red Sox||L 4-2||Joe Musgrove vs Chris Sale|
|May 21||Red Sox||W 7-0||Michael Wacha vs Corey Kluber|
|May 23||@ Nationals||W 7-4||Yu Darvish vs MacKenzie Gore|
|May 24||@ Nationals||L 5-3||Ryan Weathers vs Trevor Williams|
|May 25||@ Nationals||W 8-6||Blake Snell vs Jake Irvin|
|May 26||@ Yankees||-||Joe Musgrove vs Randy Vasquez|
|May 27||@ Yankees||-||Michael Wacha vs Luis Severino|
|May 28||@ Yankees||-||Yu Darvish vs Gerrit Cole|
|May 30||@ Marlins||-||Ryan Weathers vs Sandy Alcantara|
|May 31||@ Marlins||-||Blake Snell vs Braxton Garrett|
|June 1||@ Marlins||-||Joe Musgrove vs Jesús Luzardo|
|May 20||@ Reds||W 7-4||Jhony Brito vs Luke Weaver|
|May 21||@ Reds||W 4-1||Luis Severino vs Hunter Greene|
|May 23||Orioles||W 6-5||Gerrit Cole vs Kyle Bradish|
|May 24||Orioles||L 9-6||Nestor Cortes Jr. vs Tyler Wells|
|May 25||Orioles||L 3-1||Clarke Schmidt vs Kyle Gibson|
|May 26||Padres||-||Randy Vasquez vs Joe Musgrove|
|May 27||Padres||-||Luis Severino vs Michael Wacha|
|May 28||Padres||-||Gerrit Cole vs Yu Darvish|
|May 29||@ Mariners||-||Domingo Germán vs Bryce Miller|
|May 30||@ Mariners||-||Nestor Cortes Jr. vs Logan Gilbert|
|May 31||@ Mariners||-||Clarke Schmidt vs George Kirby|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.