South Dakota State vs. Virginia Tech Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 18, 2023 at 5:39 PM MDT|Updated: Mar. 19, 2023 at 9:41 AM MDT
Sunday's contest at Cassell Coliseum has the Virginia Tech Hokies (28-4) matching up with the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (29-5) at 5:00 PM ET on March 19. Our computer prediction projects a 71-63 victory for Virginia Tech, who are favored by our model.
In their most recent game on Friday, the Jackrabbits earned a 62-57 victory against USC.
South Dakota State vs. Virginia Tech Game Info
- When: Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM ET
- Where: Cassell Coliseum in Blacksburg, Virginia
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN2
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
South Dakota State vs. Virginia Tech Score Prediction
- Prediction: Virginia Tech 71, South Dakota State 63
South Dakota State Schedule Analysis
- On November 21 against the Louisville Cardinals, who rank inside the top 50 (No. 23) in our computer rankings, the Jackrabbits claimed their best win of the season, a 65-55 victory at a neutral site.
- Against Quadrant 1 teams, the Jackrabbits are 2-4 (.333%) -- tied for the 50th-most victories.
- South Dakota State has 18 wins over Quadrant 4 teams, tied for the 12th-most in the country.
South Dakota State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 65-55 over Louisville (No. 23) on November 21
- 63-62 at home over Mississippi State (No. 35) on November 14
- 62-57 over USC (No. 37) on March 17
- 80-69 at home over Northern Iowa (No. 51) on December 3
- 82-78 over Kansas State (No. 62) on December 10
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
South Dakota State Performance Insights
- The Jackrabbits put up 78.9 points per game (13th in college basketball) while allowing 60.2 per outing (73rd in college basketball). They have a +634 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 18.7 points per game.
- South Dakota State scores more in conference action (85.4 points per game) than overall (78.9).
- The Jackrabbits average 86.6 points per game at home, and 73.5 on the road.
- At home, South Dakota State concedes 60.6 points per game. On the road, it concedes 59.
- The Jackrabbits have performed better offensively over their past 10 games, putting up 83.7 points per contest, 4.8 more than their season average of 78.9.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.