Maryland vs. Arizona Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 18, 2023 at 1:40 AM MDT|Updated: Mar. 19, 2023 at 9:38 AM MDT
Sunday's contest that pits the Maryland Terrapins (26-6) against the Arizona Wildcats (22-9) at Xfinity Center has a projected final score of 76-68 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Maryland, who is the favorite in this matchup by our model. Tipoff is at 5:30 PM ET on March 19.
In their most recent game on Friday, the Terrapins secured a 93-61 victory against Holy Cross.
Maryland vs. Arizona Game Info
- When: Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 5:30 PM ET
- Where: Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Maryland vs. Arizona Score Prediction
- Prediction: Maryland 76, Arizona 68
Maryland Schedule Analysis
- On February 21, the Terrapins picked up their best win of the season, a 96-68 victory over the Iowa Hawkeyes, who rank No. 3 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Terrapins have tied for the sixth-most Quadrant 1 wins in the nation (10).
- Maryland has four wins against Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 45th-most in the country.
- Against Quadrant 3 opponents, the Terrapins are 9-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 13th-most wins.
Maryland 2022-23 Best Wins
- 96-68 at home over Iowa (No. 3/AP Poll) on February 21
- 85-78 at home over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on December 11
- 74-72 on the road over Notre Dame (No. 10/AP Poll) on December 1
- 76-74 on the road over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 24
- 90-54 at home over Ohio State (No. 12/AP Poll) on February 5
Arizona Schedule Analysis
- The Wildcats' signature win of the season came in an 82-72 victory against the No. 8 Utah Utes on February 17.
- The Wildcats have five Quadrant 1 wins, tied for the 28th-most in the country. But they also have eight Quadrant 1 losses, tied for the 48th-most.
- Arizona has eight wins versus Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 11th-most in the nation.
- Based on the RPI, the Terrapins have nine wins over Quadrant 3 teams, the most in the country.
Arizona 2022-23 Best Wins
- 82-72 at home over Utah (No. 8/AP Poll) on February 17
- 71-66 on the road over UCLA (No. 14/AP Poll) on February 3
- 61-42 at home over Colorado (No. 21/AP Poll) on February 19
- 79-71 at home over Oregon (No. 31) on January 8
- 75-54 over Baylor (No. 34) on December 18
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Maryland Performance Insights
- The Terrapins have a +345 scoring differential, topping opponents by 10.7 points per game. They're putting up 79.4 points per game to rank 10th in college basketball and are giving up 68.7 per contest to rank 286th in college basketball.
- Maryland's offense has been more effective in Big Ten games this year, putting up 80.0 points per contest, compared to its overall average of 79.4 PPG.
- The Terrapins average 83.0 points per game when playing at home, compared to 76.0 points per game in road games, a difference of 7.0 points per contest.
- Maryland is surrendering 70.5 points per game when playing at home. Away from home, it is allowing 65.7.
- The Terrapins' offense has been improved over their last 10 games, scoring 82.1 points per contest compared to the 79.4 they've averaged this season.
Arizona Performance Insights
- The Wildcats outscore opponents by 9.7 points per game (posting 74.4 points per game, 40th in college basketball, and conceding 64.7 per outing, 187th in college basketball) and have a +300 scoring differential.
- Arizona has averaged 4.2 fewer points in Pac-12 action (70.2) than overall (74.4).
- The Wildcats score 76.7 points per game at home, and 72.2 away.
- At home Arizona is conceding 62.3 points per game, 6.0 fewer points than it is away (68.3).
- The Wildcats are putting up 69.8 points per game over their previous 10 games, which is 4.6 fewer points than their average for the season (74.4).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.