The No. 3 seed Baylor Bears (22-10) are heavily favored (-10.5) to defeat the No. 14 seed UCSB Gauchos (27-7) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday at Ball Arena. The contest begins at 1:30 PM on TNT. Here are some insights about this South Region contest for those filling out their brackets. The point total for the matchup is set at 141.5.
Baylor vs. UCSB Odds & Info
- Date: Friday, March 17, 2023
- Time: 1:30 PM ET
- TV: TNT
- Where: Denver, Colorado
- Venue: Ball Arena
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Baylor vs UCSB Betting Records & Stats
- The Bears are 16-14-0 against the spread this season.
- Baylor has been at least a -600 moneyline favorite three times this season and won all of those games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Bears, based on the moneyline, is 85.7%.
- So far this season, UCSB has compiled an 18-12-0 record against the spread.
- The Gauchos have been listed as an underdog of +425 or more on two occasions this season and won both games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies UCSB has a 19% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
Baylor vs. UCSB Over/Under Stats
||Games Over 141.5
||% of Games Over 141.5
||Combined Average PPG
||Average Opponent PPG
||Combined Average Opponent PPG
Additional Baylor vs UCSB Insights & Trends
- Baylor has a 6-4 record against the spread while finishing 6-4 overall over its past 10 contests.
- The Bears have gone over the total in six of their last 10 outings.
- UCSB is 5-5 against the spread and 7-3 overall in its last 10 games.
- In their past 10 games, the Gauchos have hit the over seven times.
- The Bears put up 11.6 more points per game (77.2) than the Gauchos allow (65.6).
- When Baylor scores more than 65.6 points, it is 15-9 against the spread and 18-6 overall.
- The Gauchos score an average of 72.2 points per game, just 1.9 more points than the 70.3 the Bears allow to opponents.
- UCSB has put together an 11-2 ATS record and a 16-0 overall record in games it scores more than 70.3 points.
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Baylor vs. UCSB Betting Splits
||ATS Record Against 10.5+ Point Spread
||Over/Under Record (O-U-P)
Baylor vs. UCSB Home/Away Splits
||Home ATS Record
||Away ATS Record
||Points Scored Per Game (Home)
||Points Scored Per Game (Away)
||Over-Under-Push Record (Home)
||Over-Under-Push Record (Away)
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.