KEVN is looking for a dynamic meteorologist for our prime time 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. newscasts. This weather anchor will use our state-of-the-art forecasting equipment and coordinate with our chief meteorologist for KOTA TV for scheduling. We're looking for an enterprising talent who loves the challenge of weather forecasting in the Black Hills and interacting with the local community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• use editorial judgment to determine content of local weathercasts
• use social media to engage with community and disseminate weather info
• post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
• produce and anchor weathercasts as assigned
• follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
• edit video and stories for broadcast
• participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• must have a good driving record
• Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
• Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
• Must be an experienced broadcaster and certified meteorologist
• College degree required
Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to: email@example.com
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/index.php?page=search-jobs
KEVN is the FOX affiliate in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming and northwestern Nebraska. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH. https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/?article=402527586&disable=ads
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.