KOTA & KEVN is looking an Anchor/Reporter for prime-time newscasts.
The right candidate will not only love local news, but have a positive attitude, a hard work ethic, excel at writing for both broadcast and digital platforms, and be a team player. Applicant should also bring professionalism and enthusiasm into the workplace. This position also requires broadcast producing. College degree in journalism or related field is required.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and be sure to attach your resume and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Anchor nightly newscasts
- Report in the field, live shots, breaking news, etc...
- Answer phones and make calls to confirm information.
- Listen to scanners, read over press releases, research stories, call and set up interviews.
- Ability to plan and manage available resources to help cover news.
- Write for digital and social media platforms.
- Occasionally fill in as a broadcast producer.
- use editorial judgement to determine content of local newscasts.
- use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
- interview subjects and research facts for credibility
- collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
- edit video and stories for broadcast
- College degree/bachelor’s degree required
- must be a strong writer with solid news judgment
Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About KOTA/KEVN Rapid City:
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates located in Rapid City SD at the base of the beautiful Black Hills. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, KOTA & KEVN is currently in the process of re-modeling and expanding our facilities to bring state of the art technology to the Black Hills region. This project will be completed in early fall of 2017 and will feature new sets, all new furniture, state-of- the-art technology in a 20,000 sq. ft. facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands with separate on-air talent dedicated to local news. KOTA & KEVN are dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area’s only local live-streaming newscast. Our team produces six (6) daily news casts M-F and six (6) newscasts each weekend.
KOTA & KEVN are located in the Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 HH.
To learn more visit: https://www.kotatv.com/content/stationjobs/KEVN-Recruitment-Video-402733776.html
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in more than 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.