RAPID CITY, S.D. (KEVN) - Getting children ready for another school year must include vaccinations.
The Rapid City Area Schools reminds parents that the state requires all school-aged children to be vaccinated before entering kindergarten and then again when entering sixth grade.
Without the required vaccinations, kindergartners will not be allowed to attend a Rapid City school. Sixth graders must have the required vaccinations within two weeks of the start of school.
Kindergarten required vaccinations include:
• Four or more doses of diphtheria, pertussis and tetanus containing vaccine, with at least one dose administered on or after age 4.
• Four or more doses of poliovirus vaccine, at least one dose on or after age 4.
• Two doses of a measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR) or submit serological evidence of immunity.
• Two doses of varicella vaccine.
Sixth grade required vaccinations
• Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
• MCV4 (Meningococcal ACYW)