PIERRE, S.D. (KEVN/KOTA TV) - A grand jury has indicted 17 South Dakota prison inmates on marijuana charges, according to a release from the state Attorney General’s Office.
They are inmates at the Mike Durfee State Prison in Springfield, which primarily houses low and medium-security inmates.
Five of the inmates are from West River:
• Thomas Never Miss A Shot, 22, out of Fall River County
• James Elmer Shaw, 41, out of Custer County
• Delano James Brafford, 26, out of Pennington County
• Christopher Lee Chipps, 35, out of Meade and Lawrence counties
• Randy Lee Ramsey, 40, out of Lawrence County
If convicted of felony possessing marijuana, the inmates could be sentenced to two years in the state penitentiary and a $4,000 fine. The inmates have also been charged with ingesting a substance, which is a misdemeanor.