PIERRE, S.D. (KEVN TV) – Another year, another Sturgis Rally and another sex trafficking sting snares suspects.
Nine men, including three from Rapid City and Black Hawk, were charged with various sex crimes in the annual investigation into sex trafficking during the motorcycle rally.
“Despite the intense publicity and focus on human trafficking these past few years, these undercover operations serve as a somber reminder that some people will throw caution to the wind and succumb to their perverted instincts,” said U.S. Attorney Randy Seiler.
The following suspects were each indicted on two felony charges, attempted enticement of a minor using the Internet and attempted transfer of obscene material to a minor.
• Eric Carl Afrank, 22, Rapid City
• Joshua Aschwege, 33, Black Hawk
• Donald Scott Baker, 45, Osceola, Mo.
• Kevin J. Carney, 30, Portland, Conn.
• Jimmy Rudy Custodio, 39, Edina Minn.
• Erik Glenn Dahlquist, 29, Rapid City
• Abdurrahman Keskin, 26, Silvan, Turkey
• Carlocito Slim, 31, Lake Jackson, Texas
• Daniel David Wasner, 31, St. Cloud, Minn.
The sex trafficking sting is a joint operation by the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation, South Dakota Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (including Rapid City Police Department and Pennington County Sheriff’s Office) and Homeland Security.