PIERRE, S.D. (KEVN) – Several law enforcement agencies, including Faith, have been given awards from the Attorney General’s Drug Control Fund.
The program is funded by drug forfeiture monies. Law enforcement agencies use the money to combat trafficking of drugs.
The award money distributed for this most recent cycle totaled $188,593.10.
Below are the list of agencies and their awards:
- Aberdeen PD: $53,911.92 (turret for MRAP)
- Division of Criminal Investigation: $8,000.00 (meth lab protective equipment)
- Faith PD: $4,990.00 (in-car video equipment)
- Kingsbury County SO: $27,298.48 (in-car video equipment and tasers)
- Lake County SO: $13,009.75 (body-worn cameras)
- Lincoln County SO: $13,249.00- interview recording systems
- Mobridge PD: $3,000.00 (pistols and iPads)
- Roberts County SO: $21,500.00 (K9 kennel and laptops)
- Tripp: PD $10,580.95 (tasers, body-worn cameras, in-car
video equipment, body armor)
- Yankton County SO: $33,053.00 (vehicle and equipment)
The Attorney General’s website was expanded in February 2017 to include details on the Drug Asset Civil Forfeiture Program. The link can be accessed here.